- This event has passed.
The 15th Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference (PORSEC) 2020
September 15 @ 8:00 am - September 22 @ 5:00 pm
The 15th Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference (PORSEC) 2020 aims to gather all groups of ocean geospatial community within Malaysia and international working on various aspects of ocean and atmosphere using geospatial technology for discussing their results and innovations. The biennial conference is also meant to be an interdisciplinary forum for leading researchers and students in related areas to present the latest developments and applications, to discuss cutting-edge technology, to exchange research ideas, and to promote international collaboration in this field.
An exciting social program will be organized for conference participants and it would be a great pleasure to meeting all of you in this upcoming conference.
In conjunction with the PORSEC 2020 conference, the 9th PORSEC Capacity Building Tutorial will be held prior to the PORSEC 2020 conference. The five days tutorial offers expert training for students and young scientists. Participants will be given theoretical lessons and practical exercises on remote sensing techniques used for monitoring the ocean-atmosphere system for research and operations.
We also would like to invite you to submit full academic papers or abstracts to the conference, related to the following themes below (but not limited to) to be addressed in the conference:
- Large and meso-scale oceanography
- Coastal impacts
- Emerging technologies for ocean and coastal applications
- Extreme events
- Operational remote sensing
- Ocean-Atmosphere interactions
- Remote sensing data for policy making
- Education and outreach
- Coastal disaster management
- Marine GIS
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning
- Coastal and hydrographic survey
- National marine economy and safety
Selected full papers will be published in the following journals:
- International Journal of Remote Sensing: PORSEC Special Issue (Indexed by Web of Science)
- International Journal of Built Environment and Sustainability (IJBES) – Indexed in the Emerging Source Citations Index by the Web of Science
- Geoinformation Science Journal (Non-Indexed)
- Book Chapter (Penerbit UTM)
We are looking forward to meeting all of you at the upcoming conference.
Chair PORSEC 2020